This is a 150 RPM low-cost single shaft straight DC geared motor. It is most suitable for lightweight robots requiring small power. This motor can be used with 69mm Diameter Wheel for Plastic Gear Motors and 87mm Diameter Multipurpose Wheel for Plastic Gear Motors.<
The driveshaft has a clutch for non-continuous protection from overload which protects gears from the sudden overload. The motor runs smoothly from 2V to 12V and gives a wide range of RPM, and torque. The table below gives a fairly good idea of the motor’s performance in terms of RPM, no-load current as a function of voltage and stall torque, stall current as a function of voltage.
1. Cost-effectiveness of the injection-molding process.
2. Elimination of machining operations.
3. Low density: lightweight, low inertia.
4. Uniformity of parts.
5. Capability to absorb shock and vibration as a result of elastic compliance.
6. Ability to operate with minimum or no lubrication, due to inherent lubricity.
7. Relatively low coefficient of friction.
8. Corrosion-resistance; elimination of plating, or protective coatings.
9. Quietness of operation.
10. Tolerances often less critical than for metal gears, due in part to their greater resilience.
11. Consistency with the trend to greater use of plastic housings and other components.